Monday, December 5, 2016

God Whispered A Little Love From Nature...

The other day, I stepped out to run some errands. As I was heading down the three steps from my side door porch to head to my car, I saw a large leaf. It had a hear shaped cut out. It looked as if someone might have done it on purpose. Busy, I bustled along.

When I got back home, it was still there. It was a windy and rainy day so I was surprised that it was still there. I brought it inside. My daughter and husband both made comments about the heart that they saw. It was very interesting and conversation provoking.

Later in the day, I took a picture of it and threw it all over social media.  It got a lot of positive response.

It reminded me of a poem I hear a long time ago. I don't know who wrote it.

When a man whispered .....


A man whispered, "God, speak to me"
And a meadowlark sang, but the man did not hear.
So the man yelled "God, speak to me"
And, the thunder rolled across the sky. But, the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said, "God let me see you."
And a star shined brightly. But the man did not notice.
And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle."
And, a life was born. But the man did not know.
So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here."
where upon God reached down and touched the man.
But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.
Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect.

-Unknown


I believe God placed this leaf on my porch for me.  I believe that God reached down and pressed a heart shape from this leaf and stuck it to my little porch. A love letter of sorts. A message, perhaps.

"Slow down, take notice. Don't get so busy that you fail to see Me when I am reaching out to you."


2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. :) (I am so glad you joined the blog challenge!)

    ReplyDelete