Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Intentional In Life Blog Series

Y'all!

I am so excited to be participating in a blog series with some pretty amazing women. It was created by Jessica Anderson over at Intentional In Life. Jessica invited some blogging heavyweights to write about being intentional in different areas.


I am new to the blogging world, but these other women are pros and they have been an encouragement to me from the moment I "met" them through the phenomenal HomeschoolScopes.tv (https://www.facebook.com/groups/homeschoolscopes) as well as through Periscope.

I initially started Periscope to learn from some of my fabulous Upper Level Leaders of Thirty-One for my business. Then I found out through my dear friend, Shanna, that it was huge resource for homeschoolers. With this group I have found a confidence and a camaraderie in my role as a homeschooling mom, and also as a business woman, a child of God, as a creative, and as a newbie blogger.  

The series, Intentional Life Series - Purposeful Living, Loving & Growing Moms will take place every Monday from January 23 through May 8 (and possibly longer!). 



You simply must check out Jessica's blog!  Once you arrive there, you will be able to see a list of the contributors and the subject that they will be blogging about.  This FREE resource will be filled with knowledge, wisdom, experience, and grace. I have been greatly blessed with what these women have written about and shared and I know you will too!

Being extremely new to blogging, I stepped out in faith to sign up for this series. I don't really have a theme or area of expertise, or even have years of experience, but if there is one thing I have learned from these women, it is that everyone has something to share and someone could benefit from your story.

I will be writing about one of my favorite things, attending conferences!

Intentional Application of “all of that information you receive” at a Homeschool Conference 

I have attended a multitude of conferences for my home based businesses as well as for my spiritual needs. Three years ago I attended the Teach Them Diligently Homeschool Conference in Nashville and have attended every year since. The workshops are filled with a huge amount of information, tips, how-to's, what-not-to-do's and more. By the end of the conference I find myself on my office floor surrounded by goody bags, pamphlets, curriculum catalogs, handouts and notes.

Lots.   Of.   Notes.

After my very first conference I attended in 2002, I found myself there on my office floor with my head spinning. I had to straighten out one leg to avoid fainting or getting ill!  I was so anxious that I packed everything up in the largest goody bag and stashed it in my closet. Forever. Seriously.

It can be unbelievably overwhelming. 

I am excited to be able to share what I have learned to do with all of that information and how I store it, retain it, implement it, or trash it (Some college information isn't really what I need for my 5th grader right now, ya know?).

Join us every Monday starting on the 23rd over at Intentional In Life and gleam from the amazing topics being covered such as planning your homeschool day, studying God's Word, having fun with your child, being grace-filled and even a lesson in what happens when you are not being intentional.

{Purse}onally Yours,

3 comments:

  1. Love this Tina!! I am so excited to have you on board and can't wait to read your post. I totally agree with you that we all have something to offer others. We just need to be open to what the Lord has in store for each of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I remember my first homeschool conference! I felt so overwhelmed and had no idea what I thought I was doing homeschooling! Can't wait to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad we are all joining together to support other moms in these series, Tina! It is going to be terrific!

    ReplyDelete