Thursday, January 5, 2017

Goldie Has Survived (So Far...)

Well folks, the fish story is going well. I changed out her tank yesterday, you can read all it about it here.

I was quite nervous with the whole thing. Fish can go in to distress very easily, especially with the changing of the tank. 

Goldie was already having a hard time with being a big fish in a little house. She moved from a 5 gallon garage makeover to a 30 gallon gated community. She's rollin' high style y'all!

But I am keeping the old tank close by in case she starts to show signs of hating the wallpaper. Look at her kissing herself in the mirror. For all I know she could be threatening her reflection to take a hike, but I choose to think she is singing to herself:

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.
I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.
See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

 




She seems to be doing well so far. I let the tank run a full cycle for 24 hours after treating the water and making sure the temperature is around 74 degrees. She is no longer hanging out at the bottom of the tank and laboring to breathe. She is swimming around like a kid running around in it's first big home looking for which bedroom to claim as hers.

I am swooning with happiness for her.

I'm smiling and wincing all at the same time.

Because I am in dire pain.


I pulled something or irritated something in my neck from lugging the Fishy Condo intp the house and setting it up, so now I am laid up with an ice pack, and have tried essential oils and over the counter packs.

But it's what you do for the Fish-Who-Lived, ya know?

{Purse}onally Yours,

2 comments:

  1. "So, how did you hurt yourself again?"

    "By changing the fish to a larger home."

    "Uh, ok."

    Yes, you did right by the "Fish-Who-Lived"! (lol)

    Btw, try a heat pack over where you applied the essential oils. I don't know why it seems to help, but it does. I think it maybe helps the oils to penetrate deeper. Plus, most tweaking is a spasm, so you want it to relax. Heat can speed up healing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daisy! I appreciate that advice! Can you imagine my telling a doctor that? I hurt myself pampering my fish...

    ReplyDelete