Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sneak In The Healthy Challenge

I have a confession to make. This is hard for me, so I am asking for grace. For a Pass Go, Do Not Go To Jail card.  This is a No Judgement Zone. Now that this is cleared up...I shall carry on.

I stink at nutrition. Total fail. I know what to do, how much, when, why, where and what accessory looks good with it. All of that. But I still stink.

My girl, well, she is a plethora of the What Not To Eat. Junk food, Mac & Cheese (not the healthier version, I am talking box city y'all.) chicken nuggets, fast food, breakfast bars, ice cream, chips...

My poor husband and I butt heads on this one. He is a "let's do it" kinda guy. Make a smoothie, put all of the goodness in side and serve it with a stern talking to and a straw.  I'm the wuss. I'm all "make her think she made the decision and she will love it." Which is really my way of avoiding the fits and crying and yukky faces and heaving.  Yeah, I stink.

So, over time, we have battled on the way to serve it up to her. He does it her way, she hides and cries. I do it my way, she refuses, then I hide and cry.

I know, I hear ya. Just proclaim your authority and do it, she will get over it. True. But getting over it may require years of therapy and we are already facing braces y'all. There's just not enough dollars for all of it.

So, I have decided to sneak. Lie. Correction, omit truth. Yes, that is much nicer to hear. The omission of truth. 

This is where my Sneak In The Healthy project was born. In a bed of lies, err, omission of truth.

I decided to serve up a Chocolate Milk Shake.  That's what I am calling it.  And it worked.  Kinda.

I was so excited at the progress of it that I posted it all over social media.  Hung my Mom Laundry out to dry and bloooooow in the wind.



What's the opposite of #momfail? Ummmm...this "Breakfast Chocolate Milkshake" with Carnation Instant Breakfast Powder, Banana, Spinach, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Yogurt, and Ice.

Note to self: Don't say the words smoothie, spinach, non-kid yogurt, or MCT oil.

Another note to self: slowly change out the Carnation Instant for organic, raw cacao powder, plain yogurt and some seeds/nuts...and increase spinach.

Must approach project with stealth ninja-like moves. Said target can sniff out healthy from miles away. Note to reader: yes, it is being served in a Yazoo Brewery glass...I was working quickly and this is
 what I grabbed. #nojudgementzone #MomLife


Today, I was on a mission to hide the banana even further, and still add more goodness. Here's today's social media soap opera:

Day 2 of SneakInHealthy Challenge: unbeknownst to subject, I increased spinach and added flax seed, chia seed and raw organic cacao. Subject claims to taste a warm banana. 

She may be on to me. 

Although, the banana was frozen...this puzzled me. I strategically placed a bottle of chocolate syrup on the counter well within the vision of subject. It seems to have thrown her off a bit. After faking the addition of toxins and chemicals and fake food...subject exclaimed "perfecto!". Stealth taste buds are strong in this one. 


Must continue on no matter the risk of life or limb.  

#MomLife  

#SheWillBecomeHealthyEvenIfItKillsMe

Stay tuned, more experiments to be performed. 

No animals were injured in this experiment.

No humans were either, although I secretly fear for my life as we progress....this subject is a potential temper tantrum in the works.


1 comment: